We make every effort to make the WHO MiNDbank site easy to use for everyone, including persons with temporary or long-term disabilities.
Every effort is being made to ensure that this site complies with the World Wide Web Consortium’s guidelines for accessibility and with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Some of the accessibility features of this website include:
- A 'skip navigation' link provides screen reader users with a method for bypassing the header and going directly to the main content when the page is accessed. This link is not ordinarily visible when using a standard web browser.
- Images on the site contain 'alt tags', which aid users who engage with the content of the site by using a screen reader or another assistive technology.
- The lay-out of the site is controlled by stylesheets, which enables users using a screen reader or other assistive technologies to logically navigate the site. Users can also choose to disable the stylesheets and/or replace them with their own, to fit their specific needs.
- The use of colours, contrast and images to represent content is intentionally limited, in order to ensure that the same information is available regardless of how the site is accessed.
- Fonts are scalable and can be enlarged in the browser. To increase or decrease the size of the text on this site, please refer to the font settings on your browser or in your computer’s display settings. A common browser shortcut is to press ‘Ctrl’ (PC) or 'Command' (Mac) and ‘+’ (plus) to increase the font size and ‘Ctrl’ (PC) or 'Command' (Mac) and ‘–‘ (minus) to decrease the font size.
- The site can be used without a mouse. To skip between
links on each page, press the ‘Tab’ key on the
keyboard, and press ‘Enter’ to follow the link.
Other keyboard shortcuts will be progressively introduced.
Some pages on this site may not yet conform to all the guidelines. While every effort is made to ensure that the whole site conforms, this is an ongoing process and some content does not yet reach the standards in all areas.
Please note that uploaded resources and external links may not meet accessibility standards. The content, style and formatting of these resources and links is not within the control of the MiNDbank team, although every attempt is made to upload or link to accessible versions of resources where these are available.
Please contact us if you have encounter any accessibility problems with any part of this site.